X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • crytklmass
    • Dec 2008

Amps & Speakers from the same company?

Most manufacture's are good at one thing and stick with it. As it relates to high end audio manufactures. So, Here I am thinking, I know it hurts, but my curiosity has gotten the best of me so here it goes. B&W-They make great speakers. Classe'-Makes great amps. McIntosh- makes great amps, but also makes speakers. Normally a high end company sticks to one market and doesn't cross paths. They either manufacture amps or speakers, normally not both. I have a friend that is a McIntosh freak, loves there amps. He's in the market to upgrade his speakers. I told him to audition Wilson Watt Puppy's. But he's curious of the McIntosh Speakers. The XRT28, XRT1K, etc.
    Is it possible for an excellent Amp Manufacturer to make great sounding speakers? Has anyone auditioned these? I was planning on selling my B&W 802d's and upgrading to the Wilson's but i've been reading the review's about the McIntosh speakers and would like to audition them to see where they stand against the competition. Anyone have any opinions of these? They are comparable price wise, but are they worth it? Do they match or sound better than the competition? clarity, imaging, realistic sound, etc. How do the match up to B&W, Sonus, Kef, Klipsch, Wilson, etc comparing apples to apples,same price range. sorry for the lengthy message.
    BOB
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"