X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nikos
    • Dec 2005

Electricity and equipment

I have a question for those that understand electricity a little better than me

I happen to have a few spares of the following:

APC, a flagship brand of Schneider Electric, provides clean battery back-up power, surge protection, and IT physical infrastructure inside and outside the traditional IT environment to deliver ‘Certainty in a Connected World’

APC, a flagship brand of Schneider Electric, provides clean battery back-up power, surge protection, and IT physical infrastructure inside and outside the traditional IT environment to deliver ‘Certainty in a Connected World’

The main difference is the obvious one that the UPS will protect from blackout, brownout and over-voltage and the other only has brownout and over-voltage protection since it lacks the battery and the logic to communicate to a PC etc.

The LE1200I has a nominal input voltage of 230V 50/60Hz and the SUA1500 120V 50/60 (these are both USA versions)

Can someone help me understand which one would provide the better quality electricity for my equipment? I would like to understand in general what to look for... and secondly ... I will be taking them with me when I move to Europe later in the year and would like to know if I Will still be able to use them provided I convert the electricity to feed them....

My guess would be that the SUA1500 would be the best option all around.

Is the LE1200I suited better maybe for a powered sub?

Thanks for the knowledge.
    Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC
  • Glen B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2004

Neither one. They are designed for computer use. I would go with one of the AV units.

Comment

• PewterTA
      • Nov 2004

I have two SUA1500s on my computer/network and a S15BLK for my HT.

I used the SUA1500 on my HT with no negative effect. It did no improve anything, but it did allow me to shut down the equipment during a power outage. I noticed a nice improvement with the S15BLK as far as audio and video quality.

If you are using it just for the battery backup, the SUA1500 will work fine. You might find that powering on a decent amp will cause the unit to jump to battery mode more often than you'd like...but at least that's it's job and it's doing it.

As far as coverting it over, I'm not sure if either of those models will work good, I think the SUA1500 might have a conversion on the back for it, but not sure at this moment.
      Digital Audio makes me Happy.
      -Dan

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"