X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mtsooner
    • Jan 2009

Pre/Pro for under a $1000?

Hello all. I'm new to this forum but not new to HT. Maybe this has been answered recently, but I can't seem to find anything on it. I'm on a somewhat limiting budget, but I definitely want to go the pre/pro / dedicated amp route for my new HT setup. I have built a nice DIY LCR setup (with matching surrounds soon to come), and I want to take full advantage of it. This pre/pro will need to handle appx. 75% movies/TV and 25% music.

So does anyone have any good recommendations for such a unit under $1000? I definitely want full HDMI capabilities for my satellite and Bluray players. The amps I will be using are the Emotiva XPA-5 and XPA-2 for 7.1SS. It appears the Emotiva pre/pro has been discontinued, otherwise I might have been interested in it.

Thanks in advance.

S.R.
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

If you can wait another 3-4 months you can probably get the UMC-1 from Emotiva. Going to be hard to get anything in the same price range that will perform as well. Otherwise in the 1000 and under there isn't a whole lot so probably would have to get an AVR with pre-outs.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"