X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • y2kavengeres
    • May 2008

looking for opinions on pre-pro and amp

The pre-outs on my Denon 2805 just went out, and I have been looking for an excuse to upgrade anyways, so I'm looking for opinions on what to get next. I probably will be selling my Bryston B-60R and Classe CA-2100 to cover the purchase. I'm looking at a pre-pro and 5 channel amp. Speakers are:

B&W 804 in front
    B&W HTM2 in center
    B&W 805 rear

I rarely watch movies, but want them to sound great when I do. I mainly like the surround for hdtv. I want the best possible sound for music and will sacrifice tv and movie experience for it. What I had was good for music with the Classe on the front channels and the Denon driving the rest, but I know I can get better. I also do a lot of 2 channel listening. Right now I'm looking at the Emotiva UMC-1 with the Emotiva XPA-5, or go used at get a Rotel RSP-1098 with a Rotel RMB-1095. Just looking for thoughts on those combos as well as any others in a price range of about 2k.
    Pioneer Elite SC-05
    B&W 804
    B&W 805
    B&W HTM4
    Rega Planet CD player
  • wettou
    Ultra Senior Member
    • May 2006

Originally posted by y2kavengeres
    so I'm looking for opinions on what to get next.
    EMOTIVA comes with 30days money back guarantee and they don't have to spend $$$$ in advertising. Rotel is all made in China as well but charges three times the price
    Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"