X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rick Hunter
    • Apr 2008

HDMI Help

I want to start eliminating all the Monster Cables from my system and upgrade to wires and cables of a greater sonic fidelity. Having researched and demoed many audioquest cables, I have decided to go with audioquest's HDMI-3. Here is the problem, while perusing online sites and costs, I glanced at ebay where there were about 77 hits for audioquest HDMI-3 cables. Three or four of the cables were priced at between $200.00 and $300.00. Although expensive, this seemed to be about the rite price for an auctioned HDMI-3 from audioquest. The other seventy or so hits were for audioquest HDMI-3 cables that at close glance looked a little different and were priced between $8.00 and $40.00. These cables looked and soled for a price that seemed just to good to be true. I called audioquest to get some kind of answer as to wether the cables were the same with a slightly different paint job and a hugely different price tag, or if the less expensive wires were just fraudulent knockoffs. His answer left me unsatisfied as he only shared in my suspicion. Obviously he wanted me to pay full price at an authorized dealer, so he would not even, "waste his time looking", at the seventy-plus pictures of possible knockoffs on ebay to tell me definitively if the less expensive HDMI-3's were real or fake. I stand behind doing the rite thing by good sales people who get commission, but I need two, 2 meter lengths of this HDMI-3 from audioquest. Brand new it would cost me $750.00, but if the cables on ebay are legit, it would cost me $18.00 plus tax. Things are just too tight right now for me to reject those kinds of savings. Please, please, please, would somebody look at the HDMI-3 audioquest cables on ebay and tell me without bias if the less expensive cables are the same as the expensive ones even if they do look a little different. I need to know for sure as I am not looking for an answer of, "If it looks to good to be true then it must not be." Somewhere, somehow, somebody has either been burned by a scam, or they recieved a great deal. So please let me know with certainty. Thanks in advance.
  • deke
    • Dec 2005

Check out Bluejeanscable.

Comment

• Race Car Driver
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

I dont have an answer you are looking for, but I have several AQ cables including the expensive HDMI cables. I am not sure if I notice a difference in the "cheap" Rocketfish brand that Best Buy sells.

The AQ King Cobra RCAs are damn nice though.
      B&W

Comment

• deke
        • Dec 2005

I have the AudioQuest HDMI-3 cable, the BlueJeansCable BJC Series 1 and BJC Series F2. I've noticed no difference. All are fine cables, but the BJC are much cheaper.

Comment

• Isaac
          • Jan 2006

Sorry... "If it looks to good to be true then it must not be." If they are the real thing I don't think they would sell them for $18 knowing they would normally cost about $750.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"