X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flyboylr45
    • Jan 2007

Suggestions!!!!!!

My hometheater/music room is 13Lx13Wx8H. It consists of Monitor Audio S6 for fronts, SFX for rears and one S2 for the center channel. They are run by Rotel RSP-1068 and RMB-1075 with a Marantz DV-7001, Adcom GCD-750 and Roku internet radio. I installed some GIK acoustics panels. There are 244 on the rear and the 242 on the sides and there will be 2 more installed in the future behind the front speakers. The audio system is inside the closet as shown on the picture. I need suggestions on how to run the speaker cables, component cables and subwoofer cable. Should I run the wire through the wall along the door, wait until we install tile and wire it under the subfloor or what? Thanks for any suggestions.
    Attached Files
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

If you don't want holes in your wall, you can pull your base board and route a channel in it and carry the wires that way. Then you just drill a hole into the wall and enter the wires there. Then run them up (well down is easier) to wherever you want to place the connections on the wall. That way the wires are hidden and you didn't have to run them through any walls opening them up. If you have access to the sub floor underneath the room, then running the wires that way is extremely simple.
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Hmmm, I'm not sure you're going to be happy with a tile floor. You've gone as far as placing sound panels on the walls to eliminate reflections, but then you are putting in the most reflective floor surface you can get. Is this something you are open to modifying?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• flyboylr45
        • Jan 2007

I am but my wife might not be. IF we do put in tiles (which we already bought for the entire home) then more panels would go up on the ceiling. I still have to hang some of the panels and but 2 tri-traps with 3 more 242. Also, an area rug would be put on the floor covering a large part of it. There is also a 42 inch plasma that will be hung on the wall.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"