X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave27
    • Nov 2008

Anyone have a pdf manual for a Marantz DP-870

Just getting into lazerdiscs and not sure how to operate it.I was looking for a picture of the hook up.Or do I really need it to get AC-3 with the reciever I have....Thanks in advance....Dave
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Huh... well, we wouldn't be doing our jobs if we didn't ask if you've been to Marantz's website already, and done a search. Many manufacturers have literature stored there.

As far as AC-3, laserdiscs were the birthplace of it, so I can't say for sure without knowing that particular model. Do you already have the unit? What does it have on the back panel?
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Srrndhound
      • Sep 2008

The DP-870 is a full demodulator/decoder. It outputs 5.1 analog audio, so you do not need to have a DD decoder connected. You need to feed the DP-870 with the AC-3RF signal from a suitably equipped laserdisc player. If your LD player does not have such an output, it can be added, but it's not easy.

Comment

• Dave27
        • Nov 2008

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"