X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • joetama
    • May 2006

RSP-1098 to Integra?

I am thinking about selling my RSP-1098 since it has pretty much become a nearly useless part of my HT system. I got my Sim P-3 preamp which has replaced the Rotel for two channel duty. I would like something that decodes HDMI Audio, has HDMI switching, & has XLR outs.

The only thing that I have found that has this is the Integra. Any thoughts on this? Is it a bad idea or a good one?

Thanks,
    Joe
    -Joe
  • DrJRapp
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2003

Originally posted by joetama
    I am thinking about selling my RSP-1098 since it has pretty much become a nearly useless part of my HT system. I got my Sim P-3 preamp which has replaced the Rotel for two channel duty. I would like something that decodes HDMI Audio, has HDMI switching, & has XLR outs.

The only thing that I have found that has this is the Integra. Any thoughts on this? Is it a bad idea or a good one?

Thanks,
    Joe
    If your watching/listening habits are mostly movies then go for it. I'm a former 1098 owner who now has a DTC 9.8 and I got here via an Anthem Statement D2. I can strongly recommend the 9.8 over the 1098 for theater use.
    Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

Joe- If you're looking to buy something right now, then yeah, the Integra is a good way to go.

Otherwise, the next round of pre/pros are about to be released here in a couple months, with new technologies and components. Many of them have what you're looking for. I'll be buying a Parasound halo C3, probably.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• joetama
        • May 2006

Hey thanks for the input look like I should wait.

Thanks,
        Joe
        -Joe

Comment

• Mig17
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by DrJRapp
          If your watching/listening habits are mostly movies then go for it. I'm a former 1098 owner who now has a DTC 9.8 and I got here via an Anthem Statement D2. I can strongly recommend the 9.8 over the 1098 for theater use.
          I am quite doubful that the 1700$ 9.8 Integar can make 1098 sound bad

Comment

• joetama
            • May 2006

Originally posted by Mig17
            I doubt as well that it could make it sound 'bad'. But, to be perfectly honest I was impressed with my Rotel equipment until I started trying other brands out.

That being said, I'm willing to trade up to something with HDMI decoding.

To be completely honest, I might just sell the RSP-1098 and just start using my Yamaha receiver as my SS processor.
            -Joe

Comment

• DrJRapp
              Super Senior Member
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Mig17
              It doesn't, and I didn't say it did. However, there is more to the big picture than SQ. In my experience, features, build quality, reliability and warrantee support all lean strongly in favor of the Integra. It truely is an amazing piece of gear for $1700. The 1098 was and still is overpriced for what it delivers IMHO. I got an early 1098 and it broke 4 times in its first year, and each time it took six weeks to turn around. I went thru at least 10 or 12 FW updates "fixing other problems" Then I got an early Anthem D2 and it broke 3 times in it's first year and took as much as 10 weeks to resolve. During my ownership the D2 went thru 21 FW updates "fixing other problems". At that point I said goodbye to expensive pre-pros and bough the Integra. I got the first one that my dealer received in stock. It has only broken once and the TAT door to door was 3 weeks. The 9.8 is on it's 7th FW update "fixing other problems".

You be the judge.....
              Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• cxc21
                • Mar 2008

I guess you noticed by now that Rotel will start shipping the new 15 series next month?

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"