X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wendy
    • Jul 2008

Receiver help

Hi, I think I have fried my Sony receiver, but hope not maybe you can help. I was rewiring the speakers with the power on ( I know, very stupid) and I saw a flash of light from the receiver and lost all sound. The lights come on except for the part that says tv dvd tuner etc. I unplugged the unit for a few hours and have redone the speakers again but no luck. Is there a fuse that may have blown? How can I fix it?
    Thanks
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Yup, that's a no-no. Most likely, you've AT LEAST popped a fuse, if not more. You can open the case, find the fuse or fuses and replace them yourself, and then close the case and try it again, or just take the whole thing to a repair facility.

If you do play with it yourself, use extreme caution, don't touch anything inside you don't need to, and ABSOLUTELY unplug it first.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"