X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wasabichondro
    • Sep 2009

overdriven receiver?

Problem with RSX-1057

I was watching HEAT on Blu-ray and half way in, the receiver went quiet except for the LFE. I put a fan on the receiver to cool it down and it started back up.

Problem is only the center channel seems to have the same dynamic range when in 5 channel mode. In stereo the fronts are fine as well.

Any idea as to what would make it sound flat? I ran the avia DVD for audio calibration and all things sound fine?

It is like this for both Satelite via optical cable, and blu-ray via analog cables?

Any ideas what it might be? It is still under waranty. It reall just seems flat no other symptoms. :huh:

a fuse? a processor problem? A blown capacitor?
  • wasabichondro
    • Sep 2009

it nededs turnned up louder than before to increase decibles but still sounds flat?

Comment

• wasabichondro
      • Sep 2009

No ideas out there? Well I called a Rotel repair shop they are thinking it might be a mosfet or a bridge issue. I guess I am going to have to send it off....

Comment

• HDBLU
        • Jul 2008

you could of damaged something inside Like a transistor I would get it checked out if it under warranty.
        2ch Setup
        Krix Neupohonix
        Musical Fidelity M6i
        Musical Fidelity M6CDP
        Denon DCD-1510 SACD Player

Cables I Use
        MIT

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"