X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Linmuse
    • Nov 2004

Velodyne DD15 died

My 2 month old DD15 just up & quit on me.

One day its fine the next nothing.

No sound from any source even test tone, no on screen display, the velodyne sign lights up when power is on but doesn't flash when the remote is used.

Had the shop send someone round to check it and he agreed it has a problem.

It was taken back to their shop where it was plugged in and away it went no problem.

Back to my place and nothing, same problems.

Another processer was used, same result nothing.

Another sub was plugged into my processer and it worked fine.

Different leads were used during testing so their not to blame.

Even connected sub video out directly to tv input but still no display.

Currently its in the shop waiting to be sent to the other side of Australia to the distributor for repairs.

Who knows how many months that will take.

Just wondering has anyone out there had any problems of this nature.

Thanks.
  • ninja12
    • Mar 2007

Sorry to hear about your problem. I have the DD18, and I have not had any problems. I have had it for about a year now. Well, the worse can happen is that they can replace it for you under warranty. Wait, that's a pretty good thing. Anyway, I hope all works out for you.

Comment

• audioqueso
      Super Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

My Velodyne had died too. After troubleshooting, and then calling Velodyne to troubleshoot, they said it was the processor and it's not uncommon in the digital series (DD and SPL). I had to remove the actual circuit board which was just unscrew-and-pull. I shipped it over to them and they replaced it for free. I don't recall exactly what he said, but it's not wear and tear, it's just some circuitry that can fault at any time. Yeah, that sucks, but if they will take care of it, that's fine with me especially with as good of a product the digital series are.
      B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Linmuse
        • Nov 2004

Thanks for the info.

Didnt Velodyne have a problem with you pulling the sub apart and removing the processor card.

I know some companies frown on that sort of thing.

Comment

• ShadowZA
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

Sorry to hear of your problem, Linmuse. I own a DD15 too. Very happy with it. Wishing you a speedy and satisfactory repair/replacement.

Comment

• audioqueso
            Super Senior Member
            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Linmuse
            Thanks for the info.

Didnt Velodyne have a problem with you pulling the sub apart and removing the processor card.

I know some companies frown on that sort of thing.
            No, Velodyne was the one who told me over the phone to take out the x# of screws and then just slide it out. He even said, (not exact words) "don't worry, it's easy. We designed it that way so that it wouldn't be hard on the customer." I paid to ship it out... and that's it. It's not really taking it apart. It's setup just like a interface card. Just pull it out. Give them a call.
            B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Linmuse
              • Nov 2004

Thanks Audioqueso, I contacted the shop and told them of your experience.

Fortunately for me Velodyne told them they have a licenced repairer in my city so it wont be shipped to the other side of Australia saving me shipping $ and time. Velodyne even paid for the courier.

Will be interested to see if it is the processor card like yours.

Will post when I find out.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"