X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PewterTA
    • Nov 2004

UPS for home theater?

I was just curious (and wanted some more minds in on this), but what do you guys think of using a UPS for a HT. Specifically, this one from Eaton Powerware?

My friend can get a good deal on these (works for them) and he says it does everything any good surge/conditioner does from someone like Monster, APC, etc...

Just wanted some help in deciding if I should go for something like this. There are other models if you go back one page and I can get any of them...but I just wasn't sure if this would be good for HT use or not...

Thanks!
    -Dan
    Digital Audio makes me Happy.
    -Dan
  • Brandon B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jun 2001

The usual caveat on UPS is make sure the unit is putting out true sinusoidal AC, not some square wave approximation you don't want noising up your audio chain. The link you gave does not say whether these do or not.

BB

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

I would also use in conjunction with a surge protector with SM (Series Mode) technology vs MOV (Metal Oxide Varistor) technology.

My major concerns:
      1) 2 year warranty
      2) $25,000 surge protection limitation
      3) Higher KVA is better, (since you can get a discount).

Just my humble and digressive thoughts.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"