X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bueller
    • Nov 2006

does anyone use the buttkicker?

Does anyone use the buttkicker/ kickers on their home theater system. I'm thinking of adding a few and would like to hear some feedback on them.
    We are ButtKicker®, the world leader in haptic hardware & software. For over 20 years, we have been delivering the most innovative tactile feedback experiences on the planet. Feel the immersion - it's Better with ButtKicker.

Thanks
    Bueller
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

I use six Clark Synthesis Tactile Transducers in my theater seating, if that helps. They're the Mercedes of shakers.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• bueller
      • Nov 2006

Hey Chris,

Have a link for them

Thanks
      John

Comment

• Brandon B
        Super Senior Member
        • Jun 2001

Clark Synthesis Home Page. Since 1994, Clark Synthesis has been manufacturing and selling full-frequency, full-fidelity Tactile Sound ..

Comment

• bueller
          • Nov 2006

Thanks, there's nothing on the site as far as price... How much are they and where can you get them.

Thanks
          Bueller

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

Ummm.... I got them direct from the president of Clark. (at the time) You can also buy them from various vendors. I recommend Parts Express, one of our sponsors. Click on the link on the top left of this page, and then do a search for "tactile transducers". They've got some of the best prices, and all the accessories if you want to do that, too.

I've got platinums.
            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• bueller
              • Nov 2006

Thanks, So you think there better then the buttkicker's...? I like that I don't have to rip the couch apart with the butt kicker's but if these are better.....I'll Start ripping...lol

Bueller

Comment

• bueller
                • Nov 2006

WOW, after looking at the price, they must be better.....

Comment

• MikeRocchio
                  • Jan 2005

I've got two

I used to have a single couch with a single butt kicker. Now I have two couches and two buttkickers. They work pretty well, if adjusted right. I find that they are more effective if the levels are turned down pretty low. I have had a couple of movies that have made people nearly jumped out of the couch!

Comment

• Chris D
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Dec 2000

Buttkickers are like a cheap Ford Mustang, lots of raw power (requiring stong amplifiers!!!) that give lots of unrefined kick. Clark Synthesis TST's are like Mercedes, giving you a sporty, high-quality, refined ride, and the power is there when you need it. Clark Synthesis TST's really are TACTILE TRANSDUCERS, not "shakers", as they are full-range and can recreate a high-fidelity signal across the full frequency spectrum, not just bass, so they can be used for many more applications.
                    CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Dec 2000

Oh yeah, and YES, you can definitely bolt-on the Clarks. All 6 of mine are bolted to each of my theater seats. Easily done, works great.
                      CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• bueller
                        • Nov 2006

Hey Mike,
                        Do you have the buttkickers hooked up to the plate they come with or mounted to the couch [inside] reason being I like the Clark Synthesis Tactile Transducers but would not want to rip the couch & loveseat apart to install [wife would fliP!!}

Bueller

Comment

• infinitiqx4
                          • Jan 2003

Can't you just bolt them to the frame from the bottom? That's how I connected my budget bass shakers and it works well. I didn't even remove the fabric, just felt for the frame through the fabric.

Comment

• MikeRocchio
                            • Jan 2005

I actually bought two sheets of the thickest plywood I could get (close to 1"), I cut it such that there was a spot off the back center of the couch, for the buttkickers. I took the legs off the couch and screwed the plywood to the bottom of the couch, then installed vibration isolators to the plywood. This left the two new couches completely intact and if I have any warranty issues, I just unscrew the plywood and reinstall the feet. I can send pictures of the install if your interested.

There are several posts above about how the quality of the shake differs, I can't comment as the buttkickers are all that I have experienced. I would love to try out the Clarkes if anyone is intrersted in sending me a (FREE) pair I would happily tell you which one is better!

Comment

Working...
                            Searching...Please wait.
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                            Search Result for "|||"