X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Aperion Audio Anyone?

Ok so I was listening to HtGuys podcast and heard this company mentioned. They offer a 30 day in home trial with free shipping both ways. And a 100% Trade up policy. Seems like they could be a decent place to get some speakers from? My question is has anyone here heard their speakers?
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

I've heard them, they're awesome sounding speakers, especially for the money. My center and surrounds are Aperions. My mains would be as well, if I hadn't gotten a deal on a pair of Martin Logans. We've used them in installs for years. Their subwoofers are amazing bang for the buck, the 12" especially goes deep but retains musical quality. They have a warm, laid back sound, so they might take getting used to if you're used to brighter speakers. If you have bright gear (Yamaha) the Aperions will mate really well with them.

The fit and finish of the speakers is excellent, as well.

They also in-wall speakers, with the same signature Aperion sound quality.

Comment

• ahcryky
      • Feb 2006

I live about an hour from where they are located so I went up and auditioned them for myself. I have paradigm studios for my center and fronts. I was going to buy the paradigm adp-470's but decided to buy the aperion 534-SS Dipole/Bipole for surrounds after listening to them. They sound great! I don't have anything bad to say about them. Great company to deal with, great customer service, oh and they make really nice speakers! And with their 30 day free home trial I really don't think you can go wrong............

-Jim

Comment

• Hdale85
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2006

Well my new receiver that I just paid for is a Yammy RX-V2400 so sounds like this might be a good place to get speakers from.

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

I was looking at the speakers more and I notice that they have a very large range in impedance. Like the rear surrounds have a 12ohm impedance, the bookshelves have a 8ohm and 6-8ohm impedance. The towers have a 6 ohm impedance.... wouldn't this mess with the sound? Like the rear speakers would play lower? Because they are drawing a lot less power?

Comment

• Kevin P
            • Aug 2000

You have to use efficiency (sensitivity) ratings along with the impedance. For example, if the 6 ohm speaker has an 88 db efficiency, and the 12 ohm speaker has a 91 db efficiency, they'll play at the same level even though the latter speaker is using half the power. Unfortunately, Aperion forgot to post the sensitivity of their bipole/dipole surround, but I'm guessing it's probably about right since I haven't had any trouble balancing the levels. You could always call them and ask.

A 3 db difference usually isn't a problem for balancing levels. Also, surrounds tend to be closer to your ears and are set lower anyway. Plus look at all the folks who mix speaker brands with success in their HTs, even though it's not the best way to do things.

FYI: I have the 534-SS bipole/dipoles as surrounds, the 534-LR bookshelves as back surrounds, and the 533-VAC center in my system, along with Martin Logan SL3 mains and SVS 20-39CS sub. They match up nicely IMHO, despite the fact that the MLs are real power pigs with wild impedance swings.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"