X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pras1011
    • Nov 2005

Adcom 7705 or Rotel 1095?

Can someone tell me which is the better power amp to go with my Rotel 1098, m&k 850 fronts and K4 rears?

Thanks
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

I can't speak specifically, but I own the 1098 and the RMB-1095 and it has performed flawlessly with my Mirage front and Def Tech rear speakers. If possible I would suggest you try to listen to both and determine what sounds best to your ears.

Here are some reviews of the 1095:

Rotel RMB-1095

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• pras1011
      • Nov 2005

Thanks Azeke. I have the a Adcom 7705 already and I am thinking about selling it only because I like to stick to the Rotel brand. Maybe this is a waste of time or maybe the two Rotels may work together better? I wont have much time to listen to both.

Comment

• pras1011
        • Nov 2005

I now have a Sunfire Cinema Grand amp. I hope its better than the Adcom!

Comment

• Blindamood
          • Sep 2003

I had the Adcom 7700, which I believe is the predecessor to the 7705. Since I have a Rotel RSP-1068 processor, I always wanted to have a more matched set, so I ended up getting the RMB-1075. Even though, technically, the Rotel has less power than the Adcom had (120Wx5 vs. 175Wx5), I like the sound of the Rotel better. To me, it sounds more musical, and has a bit punchier bass. I would imagine the RMB-1095 to be that much better.

When I purchased the Adcom, I got it for a really good price, so I was able to sell it for about the same as I paid for it. So, trading to the Rotel was not really a big deal, price-wise. I'm very happy now with my Rotel pair!
          Brad

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"