X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jacoviii
    • Sep 2006

need helpis my yama not warm enough for me

hi i have a yamaha 5950 its new played with all of the settings and i feal like there is not alot of low end
    i have old kenwood 3ways from the 90s 1" dome 5-1/4 mid 12"sub
    i had more lowend with my 1980 130w 2ch pioneer

so i started lockian at a new av receiver with better sound ' thinking about

pioneer elite vsx 80
    harman k AVR 7300-Z 110x7
    or a denon ??
  • bulitnv
    • Mar 2006

Look at Rotel. I got rid of my Yami for Rotel. I purchased seperates, however even the "all in one" Rotel is much warmer than Yami.

Chris

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Same here. Moved from top of the line RXZ1 to Rotel gear and never looked back :T The Yammie held it's own with movies and even performed decently with music but is no match to the Rotel gear with tunes.
      Jason

Comment

• RobP
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

Ditto, I started with a Yammy years ago and changed to Rotel, The Rotel was much more dynamic and had much better power delivery.
        Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• aud19
          Twin Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2003

If changing gear doesn't appeal to you, acoustic treatments to your room can help a LOT as well and will last through any equipment changes
          Jason

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

Throw me on the list, went from the RX-v1400 to the Rotel RSP-1098. Haven't looked back since (oh and my friend is currently using the Rx-v1400, which is still a good unit). But it definitely helps with the L/R being pushed by the RB-1080.
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

Boy, a lot of us started with Yamaha, eh? I went from a RX-V2095 to Parasound separates. Awesome.

Still have the Yammy in my bedroom setup, although the front display seems to have gone bye-bye.
              CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
              - Pleasantville

Comment

• Azeke
                Super Senior Member
                • Mar 2003

You can also add me to the list, Yammi 2400 to Rotel 1066, now the RSP-1098, with amps. I sold my Yammi to a friend. Go separates you'll never look back, just be careful "upgraditis" is out there looming.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• kirknelson
                  • Sep 2006

Yamaha's are known to be a bit bright so going to a different receiver could help. However, I find it strange that so many people are recommending a $1500 receiver for your old Kenwood speakers. h:

Rotel does make good equipment but imo you should be looking at changing the speakers before changing the receiver. You can get warmer sounding speakers to offset the Yamaha's slight brightness. This will make a much bigger impact on the over all sound than buying a new receiver.

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"