X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Allegiance
    • Sep 2006

Cable Quality Question!

My question is does it really matter whether you buy the Monster Cable THX range or use a cheap cables? I mean with HDMI I know it makes no difference, its digital, it either gets it or it doesn't! Your not going to get a sharper picture from a THX cable than what you would a shitty $50 cable. But what about analog? I read a test that someone did (I'm trying to find it)! And they reported that there was only a slight ohms drop between an expensive and cheap Component cable.

So what is the real answer??
  • KeithM
    • Oct 2005

There's difference, but some stuff is ridiculously overpriced. I can't tell the difference after ~$50 but walmart special vs a $50 cable is noticable.

Comment

• ThomasW
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

Originally posted by Allegiance
      So what is the real answer??
      The real answer is to read the forum rules before you post.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• Lex
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Apr 2001

Thomas I am going to go ahead and field his question, with 5 posts, he probably doesn't know CAT's relationship with the forum, but maybe we can help him.

First, your basis of comparison sometimes sports one of the HIGHEST profit margins of any cables built. Why? Because they get such volume pricing, own factories producing their stuff, have it made in other countries where labor is cheap, and the quality has been questioned by many. Yeah, it's decent ok, but worth what it costs compared to companies such as our own CAT Cables? You review the products, and tell me your answer.

But also, digital signal transmission can vary, it is not just a matter of connecting dots. there are many variables across many cables, and I would be glad, as owner of CAT to assist with any specific questions you have via private message or email, or you can post questions about CAT products in the CAT forum.

General questions about cables are allowed, specific brand references are discouraged in the rules, as Thomas says.

thanks.
        Doug
        Doug
        "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"