This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CPALIU
    • Jun 2006

Difference: Monster voltage stabalizer, Monster Reference Home Theatre Power

Are these two things basically the same? If they are different what are the differences? Also what is the difference between the Mosnter Reference Home Theatre Power and the Monster Signature Series Power? if the Signature Series Power just a higher end version of the Monster Reference Home Theatre Power? If something like this also really necessary? I'm currently running everything through a simple powerstrip. I was considering using an uninterruptible power supply from my computer but I'm not sure if it would be able to handle the current draw.
  • Kal Rubinson
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2006

1. Measure the current draw and you will know.
    2. Computer-designated UPSs usually put out a stepped sine-wave approximation while good AV-designated UPSs generate sine wave AC.
    3. The differences between Reference and Signature devices is explained on the Monster website but they are, typically, obscure and non-quantitative.
    4. The Voltage Stabilizer corrects for AC voltage fluctuations but using a stepped transformer with the wiper driven by a servo motor. The Power devices are generally AC and signal line filters in addition to some surge protection. (It's all there on the website but not in a way that's easy to decipher.)

Kal
    Kal Rubinson

Comment

• H.Donald
      • Aug 2004

The difference between the Monster Signature and the Reference line,as it appears to me...is merely the color of the LCD readout.The Reference line has red numerals and the Signature has blue....having owned both,I see no other practical difference.
      Oh yeah...you do get Mr.Noel Lee's signature on the unit.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"