X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • volfandan
    • Nov 2005

Denon 1910 vs. 1920 DVD players?

Are the only significant differences in the Denon 1910 and 1920 DVI vs HDMI and the 1920 having the ability to play SACD's?
    danny
  • ht_addict
    • Dec 2002

If your using the player mostly for movies, may I suggest the Toshiba A1 HD-DVD. Once you've seen HiDef DVD's you not want too go back. :T

Comment

• volfandan
      • Nov 2005

It's my understanding that DVD's in HD are in two formats, HD-dvd and Blu-ray. There is no way that I'm going to invest big $$ into a high-def player that only plays half of the formats out there. For this reason, I am opting for paying 1/4 th of the price and getting a progressive upconverting player with HDMI or DVI outputs.
      danny

Comment

• ht_addict
        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by volfandan
        It's my understanding that DVD's in HD are in two formats, HD-dvd and Blu-ray. There is no way that I'm going to invest big $$ into a high-def player that only plays half of the formats out there. For this reason, I am opting for paying 1/4 th of the price and getting a progressive upconverting player with HDMI or DVI outputs.
        The 1920 retails for $349, the Toshiba A1 for $499. The difference in PQ/SQ is worth the extra $150. Before I got the Toshiba A1 unit I had a Denon 3910. Trust me when I say, the Denon can not compete with the A1 in PQ and SQ for movies. On top off that the upconvertion of standard DVD's is top notch.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"