I have narrowed down the configuration to B&W/NAD but...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • piofan
    • Jun 2006

I have narrowed down the configuration to B&W/NAD but...

I have narrowed down to B&W speakers. The configuration I am thinking is:

DM603 S3 for the fronts
    LCR600 for the centre
    DM601 S3 for the rears
    NAD T773 as the receiver

For the sub I like one of the following: B&W DM600, DM650, Velodyne CHT 12R or Velodyne SPL 200. This is a tough one to decide.

Here are my questions.

As a receiver I think NAD would be very good. But it lacks some of the features available on new Yamaha, Denon receivers. Auto calibration and lip-sync adjustment are the two of the main ones. Auto calibration is something I can live without. But how about the lip-sync adjustment. Is it something I should be considering seriously because I will use the setup mainly for watching movies?

Also can you comment on the configuration I have decided.

If I need features like lip-sync etc. I am thinking of Denon 2807. Is that a good combination?
  • ht_addict
    • Dec 2002

Had the NAD T773 in my setup at one point. Powerhouse receiver, very musical, though some have had issues with the build quality. Don't know what the MSRP is of the NAD but if its around $2k you may want too look at the Denon 4306. Checkout the review over at http://www.audioholics.com/productre...n-AVR-4306.php

Comment

• piofan
      • Jun 2006

Thanks for the reply. Here in Australia, NAD T773 is on a special deal where I can get it for a similar price to 2807. I can not afford 4306. Would you think Denon 2807 a good option too?

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"