This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RH Customs
    • May 2006

7.1 or 5.1 Receiver Suggestions for around $700 or less for the B&W 300 series

I would like to by a Rotel 7.1 or 5.1 receiver , my question is where could I buy one under $800 or even $600. It will be power in the B&W 300 series, or would this be overkill. After all this will be going in a 13ft x 11ft bedroom. My primary use would be for music 70% and movies 30%. All suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
    "Yes, but these go up to aleven" Spinal Tap

RH
    :-y
  • htsteve
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Yamaha

RH Customs,

Look at the Yamaha RX-V659. $550. My dad has a similar model driving comparable small speakers. It does a nice job.

Happy hunting.

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

If you are not opposed to buying used equipment, try audiogon.com
      I bought an RSP-1066 from here, no regrets.
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• RH Customs
        • May 2006

I'm not opposed to buying used equipment as long as it is in very good condition. Also if you don't mind how did you pay for your Rotel?

Thanks

RH

Comment

• wkhanna
          Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

I used PayPal. There is normally a 3% fee that PayPal charges which most sellers will ask you to cover, and some will also accept personal checks and/or Money Orders.

Many feel that buying new provides a level of protection with dealer support and factory warrantee that is well worth the cost, and those of us that buy used realize that if/when problems occur, we are basically on our own.

My advise is FWIW, if you do buy used, make sure you have done extensive research on the exact unit you intend to purchase, ( some units, Rotel included, have different ‘versions’ of the same model, and newer versions will sometimes have newer/better software and or features) get a good idea of what comparable units are selling for by watching eBay and other used/auction sites. Establish good communication with the seller and ask many questions, agree on shipping details and course of action if problems arise. Honest sellers should be patient and willing to answer all your questions. Often, these sites show the ‘history’ and/or feedback of transactions for individuals.

Hope this helps.
          _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
          ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• cobbpa
            • Apr 2005

I was in a simlar market. I ended up buying a Marantz SR5600, because after Marantz's 3 year warranty and my credit card's 1 year additional, I have 4 years of coverage, which is a nice thing to know. FYI, I love the receiver, but if looking only for Rotel, I agree that history & such are important.

Comment

• RH Customs
              • May 2006

I have no certain Brands, I would just like a nice receiver for around $600 or less.
              Thanks

RH

Comment

• B&W 700 Guy
                • Jun 2006

Originally posted by wkhanna
                If you are not opposed to buying used equipment, try audiogon.com
                I bought an RSP-1066 from here, no regrets.
                Before my new system, I mostly always purchase used equipment! Purchasing from Audiogon or others has been great. I have had no problems with my used purchases and BETER BANG FOR BUCK :T .

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"