X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • marshahu_cr
    • Aug 2003

DVD Recorder on a tight budget

I'm looking for a DVD Recorder but my budget is pretty small. It simply needs these features and needs to cost under £130 unless it contains an extraordinary but useful feature which is worth the extra money:

* Up to 8 hours recording per disc (I understand that compression at this rate will be undoubtedly poor but my dad wants to copy all his 4 hour videos recorded at long play onto these DVDs so this doesn't matter since the LP recording quality is pretty low anyway)
    * The ability to record like a video (e.g. I can just pause the recording when the adverts are on and then continue once they are finished, also the ability to search through a disc and record over any superfluous excess material, some indexing feature which means i can quickly navigate to different recordings, timer recordings).
    * 2 Scart connections so I can connect this to my current TV setup and still get RGB picture quality. The setup is as follows:
    - TV EXT 1 (RGB Scart) - Telewest TVDrive
    - TV EXT 2 (S-VHS Scart) - VCR with a connection from the 2nd Scart socket on here to the TVDrive's Scart Output
    * Optical or Coaxial Output for 5.1 Dolby Digital or DTS audio when connected to a Home Cinema Receiver

Let me know some good recommendations (in the UK of course) and compelling reasons to buy that product. Thank you!
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"