X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angioguy
    • Nov 2005

Cooling Fan Recommendation?

Just thought someone out there might be able to suggest a good company that makes small clip-on or wall-mountable, ultra-quiet cooling fans for placement inside an enclosed rack system. I would prefer an AC powered unit, and if possible, one that activates by an internal thermostat or one that is remote-controlled... or are these unrealistic expectations?

I have an Arcam AVR-300 that produces quite a lot of heat, even with a good 8" of clearance above the unit. The McIntosh MC-402 that sits about 12" below does a much better job of dissipating heat. Picked up a $10, 2 speed 6" portable fan today, but the darn thing makes so much noise, it's not even worth turning on.

Any ideas?
    B&W 802D, HTMS-4; Velodyne DD-12, Arcam AVR-300, McIntosh MC-402, Musical Fidelity KW-SACD, Pioneer Elite

"... these go to eleven."
  • Vinny
    • Mar 2006

You can make the best one to fit what you need (it wouldn't be hard).
    Use an AC DC converter to convert AC to 12V DC use computer fan like the case fan(12") from Vantec.... I am not even able to hear fan's running from 2feet away.
    Pioneer KRP-500M
    Emotiva UMC-1
    Parasound 5125
    Oppo BDP-83
    Klipsch RF-3II, RC-3II, RB-5II
    SVS PB-10NSD

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

I'm interested in what you come up with for a solution! Parasound has released a brand new cooling unit for equipment stacks, but this may be more than what you're looking for. Called the "ZBreeze"

CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Snap
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2005

Chris as usual brings up yet another good product! :T

I use this stuff from home and pro.
        Quietly cooling audio-video, home theater and computer installations

good gear and they have lots of cool products to fit rally any cooling needs!
        The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"