This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boombox
    • Oct 2005

I'm just started looking at LCD/Plasma/Grand Wega's.....and I've settled on Plasma....because of the Samsung....my skin warps with distaste when I see the squares on LCD panels in high-action scences....

This is number one on my list:Samsung HP-S4253 Plasma :T
    Find the best deals on Samsung Plasma - HP-S4253 Plasma TV Monitor and Samsung Plasma Reviews on Plasma TV Buying Guide

I've just seen it at a local mass retail store for R16k - US$2200....and it changed my view on "waiting till prices drop more, picture gets better, LCD/Plasma war ends, etc, etc"...to....go to have it a.s.a.p!!!

Picture just brilliant....!!!

I don't have R16K now, but will in 6 months time with some serious saving.....

I'm not the biggest fan of Samsung, but this plasma just won me over.....
    Regards :T,

Boom....a.k.a...."The Box"

Comment

• RenoReno2
      • Jan 2005

Boombox I just picked up that plasma up for 1798 plus I had a 10% additional off coupon came out to 2000 with an extended warranty and tax. Search around before you pay 2200.
      Last edited by RenoReno2; 14 September 2006, 06:22 Thursday. Reason: mispell

Comment

• RenoReno2
        • Jan 2005

Nevermind your in South Africa

Comment

• Boombox
          • Oct 2005

RenoReno2,

I'm waiting for it to go on special (the US$2200 price was a special they had). I saw it at another store for just under $2000 and it was not on a special. I bet that when this store has it on its "promotion sales" then I can pick it up for around $1800. I'm just buying my time.

On another point. What do you think about it? To which other brands and models did you compare it to?
          Regards :T,

Boom....a.k.a...."The Box"

Comment

• RenoReno2
            • Jan 2005

Basically I've been looking around for awhile waiting for prices to come down. This one was the right price. I liked the picture quality compared to other models. I looked at basically all brands I could at multiple stores for the past year and the Samsung did it for me. Plus the price helped out alot.

Comment

• Ralph
              • Sep 2006

Sharp Aquos 45" LCD. Not hooked up yet so I can't say much, but I picked it because of the glare I have from windows in my room. I hope I did not make a mistake.

Comment

• David Meek
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Early Christmas present from my wife. Pioneer Elite PRO-1140HD, 50" plasma. Here's the thread on it in the RPTV, Plasmas and Monitors forum.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Anton
                  • Oct 2004

I recently picked up a Panasonic TH-42PV60A High Def 42" Plasma.
                  It has the best PQ compared to other models for my budget. Black blacks, great colour and I love the way it handles movement. LCD just didn't have the picture I was looking for and the contrast didn't excite me.
                  Plasma for me until SED is crowned the true KING ;x( of flat panel.
                  Thread with TV Pic
                  Canadian heart, Aussie home!

Comment

• Eric_C
                    • Nov 2006

I recently got the new 1080p 61" DLP Samsung.

I wanted a 1080p TV, regardless of the lack of support there downrezzing that goes on from 1080i broadcasts and we wanted to view them natively.

We went to that unit from the Sony GW III LCD.

I didn't care for first gen DLP's and loved our Sony. When it came to look at a 1080p the only two in town were the Samsung and SXRD.

The SXRD looked digital/fake to me where the Samsung looks so natural and lifelike. I saw the Over the Hedge demo in 1080p on BOTH TV's side to side, both calibrated, and the Samsung was very natural and warm.

Price didn't help the SXRD either at nearly 2K more than the Samsung.

Had it about 4 months now and am totally happy with it everytime I turn it on.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"