X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • braminator
    • Oct 2005

Boston Acoustics AVR7120

Does anyone own or know how this receiver is? For the money is it worth it?
  • Shane Martin
    Super Senior Member
    • Apr 2001

It's a clone of the pre snap EQ Sherwood R965. Onecall is blowing them out since BA was bought up by Denon/Marantz. If I could apply the snap eq to the BA, I'd jump on it now.

Comment

• braminator
      • Oct 2005

Thats where I saw it at. So is it worth the money and should I buy a 1st year product? Any reviews other then HT magazine?

Comment

• Shane Martin
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2001

It's a Sherwood R965 thru and thru which means a killer power supply but lacks the current hot features such as a room EQ which I find to be a need now that I've used one. It's a helluva deal if you don't want what's current.

All the specs on it are on the sherwoodusa website under R965 except you need to ignore the Snap EQ.

Comment

• SteveCallas
          • Aug 2005

It offers a lot of power, but it is pretty lacking in regards to bass management.

Comment

• braminator
            • Oct 2005

According to the specs it has a room eq with microphone for set up. Is this not the same as what you said?

Comment

• Azeke
              Super Senior Member
              • Mar 2003

Braminator,

I'm personally, always leary of 1st year products, whether it be hardware or software. It usually takes approximately 6 months-1 year to work out the glitches/bugs. Just my $0.02, of course YMMV.

Best regards,

Azeke

Comment

• SteveCallas
                • Aug 2005

braminator - it has auto setup, but not autoEQ. Auto setup (which is what the Outlaw 990 has), means it will set distances, speaker size, channel levels, and possibly crossover for you, but it will not EQ its output for room correction.

Comment

• braminator
                  • Oct 2005

Well, I just got off the phone with Boston. They said they are not replacing the unit. They are getting out of the electronics business because they don't want to compete with themselves since being bought out by Denon/Marantz. I think this changed my mind on buying it but it is such a good deal IMO.

Comment

• Shane Martin
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Apr 2001

I'm personally, always leary of 1st year products, whether it be hardware or software. It usually takes approximately 6 months-1 year to work out the glitches/bugs. Just my $0.02, of course YMMV
                    What if they are clones of other products?

It's a calibration mic to set the speakers up but does not do room EQ'ing.

Comment

Working...
                    Searching...Please wait.
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                    There are no results that meet this criteria.
                    Search Result for "|||"