X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • grassi
    • Dec 2005

wow im confused

trying to connect protron home theater system with dvd to my cable box and tv?? anybody have a clue?? ops: :M :twisted:
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi Grassi, welcome to The Guide! :welcome:

I'm going to move this into the Starting Blocks forum. I think you'll get more assistance there.

Can you tell us a bit more about what issues you are having? I.e. you aren't getting surround sound from the cable hookup, or things like that. That'll help us give you better suggestions/solutions.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• grassi
      • Dec 2005

yes to start i cant get the surround sound working with cable. To tell you truth i dont even know where to start. Right now my cable comes from wall goes into cable box out from cable box and in the tv. I want to hook my surround sound up so that it works with my tv. my surround sound is all connected together it was simple connecting with labels. my surround sound consists of bass box 2 rear , 2 front 1 center and the dvd.

Comment

• Clive
        Former Moderator
        • Jan 2002

Very good Grassi and thanks for posting. You may need to tell us about your reciever though just so we'll know if it's prologic or Dolby Digital. In any case you'll need to send the reciever an AUDIO SIGNAL from the cable box by using an audio cable from the output (red & white) to a spare input in that reciever. It may have inputs labelled > video or TV or cable. Now once you've done that you'll need to experiment with the digital sounds processor (DSP) settings till you get all the speakers working the way you like it.

Now, if you have a Dolby digital reciever and your cable box has digital coaxial out then the hookup/setup will be a little different.
        CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• comeup
          • Jul 2005

If he has what I think he has it's a dvd player that has 5.1 analog rca similar to SACD hookup connecting to the sub woofer from dvd player, also all speakers connect to the sub, Then there is the standard RCA outs from dvd player. The amplification is in the sub. If he has a standard cable box he probably only has outputs on it and has it hooked wrong.Grassi try hooking it up straight to the tv inputs not the cable box.

Good Luck
          Blake

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"