X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • alpina
    • Nov 2005

DVD racks - pictures please

hi all,

just noticed that we have heaps more dvds than we thought we had wondering how everyone displays/stores them. love to see some pics of what you guys do as we are in the process of putting our HT room together and dvd storage was something that had forgotten to consider altogether.

cheers,

julie
    My setup so far: Pioneer PDP-506HD, Sony DST-HD500, Bryston SP2, Bryston 6B SST, Bryston 4B SST, Pioneer DV-989AViS, CD Player TBC, Belkin PF60, B&W 804s, HTM3S, B&W 705s, B&W ASW750, Logitech Harmony 880
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I built custom shelves into the wall above my RPTV, which was also recessed into the wall. If I can ever find my CDs that have all my digital images on them, I'll post pics. (we've recently moved, hence the "finding" comment)

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I found one I'd posted earlier:

Comment

• Azeke
        Super Senior Member
        • Mar 2003

That's nice David .

I have a Salamander Synergy System, nothing fancy, but classy, at least I think so .

Check out pictures here:

Salamander Racks

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• PewterTA
          • Nov 2004

Well I'm starting to reach the point that no racks work, I'm going to end up with something similar to what David has, but mine will be a full wall extending floor to ceiling, with lights and different figurines and what not mixed in between. I'm working on each shelf being individually lit by a strand of LED lights allowing me to make any color/brightness I want. One I get the shelving built, I just have to work on the wiring scheme to get it all tied together and I'm done.
          Digital Audio makes me Happy.
          -Dan

Comment

• Kyle
            • Jan 2005

I'm using Boltz racks. Not cheap and not necessarily something the WAF would approve of, but I'm a bachelor so hey

My gear

Comment

• scottielee
              • Apr 2005

overpriced, smallish media cabinet from pottery barn (see far left). it closes like an accordion. no longer available as of 11/2006. original picture was taken down as well...
              Last edited by scottielee; 16 November 2006, 21:53 Thursday.

Comment

• David Meek
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Here's my first room. You can see the variation in cabinetry.

Comment

• Dave D
                  • Apr 2003

Pull-Out Media Cabinets

I designed these media pull-outs in Corel and had a local cabinetmaker build 'em, back in '98. Wood is cherry. Top half holds DVDs, front and back. Lower half holds LDs, but proved too heavy after a few years of the ol' "in out, in out" and broke the lower shelf pins. Not that it matters; we need more DVD storage now anyways. When I find some free time, I'll retool 'em for all-DVD storage, top-to-bottom, front-to-back.
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Dave D; 31 December 2005, 04:25 Saturday. Reason: Update Attachments

Comment

• David Meek
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Aug 2000

Nice Dave! I like that. :T

The only drawback to that arrangement is finding a deep enough cavity to recess the shelving into.

Comment

• Dave D
                      • Apr 2003

...and Clearance

Yes, and also the clearance of the cabinets from the wall. The initial design incorporated standard sliders and didn't clear the wall, leaving 1/4 of the discs awkward to reach. But then, the weight of the LDs immediately broke those sliders anyways. [Don't you just love DIY projects?] We ultimately swapped out the more typical sliders for some heavy-duty German sliders recommended by the cabinetmaker. They're terrific, even if they still don't clear the wall by an inch or so. See pics. Cabinet is fully open in all shots.

Dave
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"