X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Snap
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2005

HD Off Air Antenna Amp

Hey fellas I am not sure that this is the right area to ask this....so mob squad....move if needed!

What is a GOOD HD Off Air Antenna Amp? I have some cheapo in the rack right now.

Here is the issue:

Accourding to antennaweb.org, my local HD stations are pretty close. I have my antenna pointed at 309. (which is what antennaweb said to aim it.) I get CBS in HD and the station is 45 miles away. But I do not get any other HD from stations that are on the same 309 degree angle, and are half the distance?? :scratchhead:

Any ways.....I was thinking if I had a better/bigger off air amp it might help me bring in the other HD stations.

Note:
    1. If I use the HD Tunner in my TV I get ALL the off air HD! It is when I am going through my Tivo that I only get 1 off air HD chan. :scratchhead:

2. Using the TV's ATSC is the LAST resort! We paid all that money for Tivo, and I want to use that if it all possible!

Thanks in Advance Fellas!

And have a Merry Christmas!
    The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.
  • ThomasW
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

If they're all coming in via the OTA tuner then there's an issue with the TIVO. A antenna amp isn't going to fix this situation.

Is the signal strength the same for all the stations coming through the tuner? If so the TIVO has filters or isn't designed for those other frequencies.

I don't own a TIVO, so I don't know what they will or won't capture regarding signals.

IB subwoofer FAQ page

"Complicated equipment and light reflectors and various other items of hardware are enough, to my mind, to prevent the birdie from coming out." ...... Henri Cartier-Bresson

Comment

• aud19
      Twin Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2003

Yeah sounds like the Tivo's tuner's not up to snuff if your TV's tuner has no problems picking them up.....?
      Jason

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

If you get the distant station but not the closer ones, sounds like you have too much signal. Your TV can handle it, but the TIVO might be getting overloaded. Try taking your cheap amp off and possibly putting an antenuator on there.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"