X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gcmarshall
    • Dec 2005

what % of budget should speakers be?

considering just equipment (and not room build out costs, treatments, etc.), what % of the overal equipment budget do you say needs to be invested in a 5.1 speaker setup? in other words, in a budget for receiver (or preamp/amplifier separates), front speakers, surrounds, center, subwoofer, cd/dvd player, etc. (ie all the electronic hardware), what percent of that total budget should go into just the 5.1 speakers?
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Here is a breakdown of my HT on a percentage basis, give or take a few percentage points:

TV/Video: 25-30%
    Speakers: 35-40%
    Receivers/Amps:25-30%
    Cables: 10-15%

Hopefully this will provide a barometer for measurement.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• wildfire99
      • Aug 2005

Whoa, deja vu....
      - Patrick
      "But it's more fun when it doesn't make sense!"

Comment

• csuzor
        • Nov 2004

Comment

• Lestat
          • Nov 2005

Purely looking at the audio part (i.e. minus the display) I've got about 70% invested in speakers. This is a 4.0 setup, I'm considering adding a sub at some point, which would skew the ratio even more towards the speakers. Actually, since music is important to me, the fronts are more than 50% of the total cost.
          It seems to me that speakers are where the investment is best felt compared to sources and amps. They need to be properly dimensioned, of course.

L.

Comment

• JKalman
            • Nov 2005

I spent around 50% of my investment on my speakers. Eventually when I have full surround finally completed on my system it will be somewhere between 50-60%. I wanted to make sure my front stereo speakers were top notch, and in order to do so I had to sacrifice surround sound for a little bit of time.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"