X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ron
    • Nov 2005

OK, now I need a speaker expert

Heres what I got so far - Pan DVD S97, Pan PT AE900U projector and an ONKYO TX-SR803 receiver (went past the budget a little here) now for the speakers. Probably looking at $900 - $1200. Would really appreciate some suggestions. What goes good with this receiver?

thanks.... ron
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

Try some of the budget lines from the likes of B&W, Energy, PSB Paradigm etc
    Jason

Comment

• miner
      • Mar 2005

Listen to the Polk Audio LSi9 - you will be surprised.
      Last edited by miner; 14 December 2005, 18:40 Wednesday.

Comment

• PewterTA
        • Nov 2004

I'd say the Polk LSi9s or the B&W 600 series. I've heard the B&Ws (603s/600/602 surrounds) with the 803 (my friend's receiver) and they sound good. Very respectable setup (everyone that is over his place loves the sound). So the B&Ws are very good budget speakers for that range. And if you have any notion to move to something like a Rotel setup (which is what I have with the 604s/600/602s x4), it's amazing how much better the B&Ws sound over the Onkyo!

So it leaves you with a pretty nice upgrade path, until you realize how good the 800 series speakers are.
        Digital Audio makes me Happy.
        -Dan

Comment

• hhcan
          • Mar 2005

Look at Ascend Acoustics. They sound fantastic for anything under $1500. To get that equal sound quality, you must spend over $1000 for the B&W 700s series.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"