X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stewfoo
    • Jul 2005

Suggestions for pre-Proc with built in EQ/calibration

I am looking at upgrading my pre-proc from the Rotel 1068 to something in the $4-$7k range. I want to make sure that it has EQ/Calibration built in any thoughts??? I guess that I am looking for a $6k version of the Lexicon MC12 v4
    Stew

Rotel 1068 Pre- Proc
    Rotel 1095 amp
    B&W 803s mains
    B&w htm3s center
    B&W ccm80 ceiling surrounds
    Rel Stentor sub
    Stew
  • ZX10 Guy
    • Mar 2005

A Meridian G68 is at the upper end of your price range.

Comment

• DrJRapp
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2003

If you can hold on for just a bit longer (til January) there will be an Anthem Statement D2 that meets your requirements. Sometime during 2006 we should also see the Rotel 1098 follow on with room eq. That's all I know at this point in time.
      Jerry Rappaport

Comment

• RebelMan
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Mar 2005

It is rumored, by a very credible source, that the Bryston SP 2.0 pre/pro, due any time now, will support basic global EQ for bass and trebel and can have up to 32 bands of Parametric EQ active.

Bryston is expected to include these features as a downloadable software update in the near future.

Price $4695.00

By the way, Bryston manufactures Lexicon's power amplifiers (actually they are rebranded Bryston's) if that makes any difference to you.
        "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
          Super Senior Member
          • Oct 2003

Ausie Geoff here,

I've moved this fro Club B&W as it is not really B&W related...

You should get a wider range of response here too

Geoff
          Last edited by Aussie Geoff; 25 November 2005, 09:17 Friday.

Comment

• PavelL
            • Sep 2005

This may sound as herecy to you B&W people, yet do not forget that there are denons, yamahas and so on around... For instance, yamaha 4600 not only offers room equalization, but also has i-link!!! Which means that ALL current high-def signals and PCM can be sent from the player to your reciever in DIGITAL greatly reducing the signal path, numerous D-A and again A-D transitions. As long as you have the amplification to feed your B&Ws you'll be fine. Needless to say it costs less than some fancy cabling for 6 channels of high-def SACD... :W or just a little bit more than that. And there is Yamaha Z9 for you perfectionists...

Comment

• ZX10 Guy
              • Mar 2005

Meridian has MHR Smartlink which keeps everything in the digital domain and also allows for upsampling of some digital signals. The only drawback is that Meridian does not support SACD except via their 800 series pre/pro which requires a special card.

Edit: Forgot the G68 will also support SACD but only via the 6 analog input ports.

Comment

• Shane Martin
                Super Senior Member
                • Apr 2001

By the way, Bryston manufactures Lexicon's power amplifiers (actually they are rebranded Bryston's) if that makes any difference to you
                They used to. The new ones are Crowns.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"