X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drsiebling
    • Jan 2006

ISF Plasma Calibration

Well, I finally had the chance to have my new Pioneer Elite PRO-1130HD calibrated on Friday. As expected, the results are amazing! The entire process took about 3 hours. This was significantly shorter than the 6 hours it took to calibrate my Mitsubishi Diamond RPTV. Not having to worry about convergence is a real time saver!

Anyway, I learned a few things. For instance, the new ISF C3 modes that are being built into many new TVs these days are practically worthless. They offer even less picture control than the main TV menus. Such a shame. Either way, the Elite responded brilliantly to the calibration and I'm now seeing colors that are fantastically accurate. The color spectrum histogram showed that the Elite was perfectly in line with the ISF standard.

If anyone in the Dallas area needs an ISF calibration, Steve Martin (www.smartcalibration.com) is worth every penny!

Here are some pics of the process and the end results!

Nice, deep blacks...

Check out those flesh tones! (taken from a distance of 2 feet)

• peterS
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

what is the source... you have made two wise purchases!

Comment

• drsiebling
      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by peterS
      what is the source... you have made two wise purchases!
      The source is HD Net via Dish Network ViP622 HD DVR. The more I watch this newly calibrated TV, the more I love it!

Comment

• aud19
        Twin Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2003

Congrats on the ISF Calibration...looks good :T
        Jason

Comment

• drsiebling
          • Jan 2006

Thanks! It's been just phenominal watching the beautiful picture on this set this weekend!

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"