X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kurtholz
    • Feb 2005

OK, tweak confession

Hey all

OK, i will confess to spending the bucks on some of the snake oil tweaks, actually a few did make improvements

music direct catalog came today, there are a few in there that peak an interest, wondering if anyone wants to confess there purchase and give an opinion on if it did anything

i'll come clean first

big dollar power cord ( dumb buy)

black diamond racing cones ( even dumber buy)

several of the enhancement cd's ( dumb buy's again)

sound improvement mat for cd's and dvd's ( the dumbest thing i ever bought)

cardas caps, ( the second dumbest thing anyone could ever buy)

OK, now for the few good ones

the auric illuminator treatment for discs really does seem to make a very nice improvement

sound anchor stands are a must have for us B & W nut's

that's a short list of win's isnt it, so

a few that i want to believe in, but at there cost, gotta find at least one person willing to stick his neck out and confess it's value

the walker audio ultimate definition links, ( oh please someone tell me these work)

:-)

Mondial magic box

Tekna speaker vibration absorber( this one sounds so dumb, but i might try it as i am inflicted with a B & W sub)

last one, the highwire audio power wraps and all clear RF coils,

i feel all cleansed now, anyone try some of these above mentioned items and have any luck

please, i am not loooking for swampland anyplace, just curious about some of these tweaks

:-)

regards to all

Kurt
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Nice tweak confession, but I know some individual's who will beg to differ on some of what you consider "sophomoric buys".

It seems through my readings that the most bang for the buck tweak is room acoustics (absorbers/diffuser panels, traps, etc.).

My tweaks:

a) speaker cables MIT, AVT3s bi-wire, I wonder about their effects vs regular 12g wiring, but they certainly look pretty.

b) Sub mounting cones on Sunfire-jury is still out on this one.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Blazar
      • Feb 2004

room acoustics... who would have ever thought of trying this before buying all the nonsense listed above lol
      Blazar!
      (HTPC/Panasonic SA-XR55/B&W 802D/HTM-1/SCMS)

Comment

• audioqueso
        Super Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by kurtholz
        big dollar power cord ( dumb buy)
        black diamond racing cones ( even dumber buy)
        several of the enhancement cd's ( dumb buy's again)
        sound improvement mat for cd's and dvd's ( the dumbest thing i ever bought)
        cardas caps, ( the second dumbest thing anyone could ever buy)
        I could've told you about those. Did you buy them just to prove to yourself or curious? I'm surprised you didn't buy the 'cable hangers' to keep your cable suspended in the air. I've had a long humorous talk about that one here at work (it's my field).

Originally posted by kurtholz
        the auric illuminator treatment for discs really does seem to make a very nice improvement
        I'm very surprised by this one. I've never heard of anyone who said this stuff really works. Hmmm. I doubt I'll ever buy it though, but good information.

The walker audio ultimate definition links.... umm, I'm not really sure what this is. I've looked it up, I see spade connections, but I don't really get it. lol Did it work?

Thank you for spending your money though to test out stuff that some of us might have wanted to buy someday. :T
        B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• KeithM
          • Oct 2005

I admit to upgrading the ends from a speaker cable. The new bananas may be nice, but there was no difference at all. Also, if anyone wants to read some funny stuff, read this . Some work decently (marble slab under sub), but most are just BS.

Comment

• cdwitmer
            • Sep 2004

Room treatments are fine, but you guys need to try the BedOnails Listening Chair that I designed and have started to manufacture. My company's motto is "Never a dull moment." There is quite a science in adjusting the density, length, diameter, and taper of the glute supports, not to mention the various combinations of materials that can be used. I'm no fakir; this is the real thing. If any of you are on pins and needles to give it a try, just let me know.

Comment

• audioqueso
              Super Senior Member
              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by cdwitmer
              Room treatments are fine, but you guys need to try the BedOnails Listening Chair that I designed and have started to manufacture. My company's motto is "Never a dull moment." There is quite a science in adjusting the density, length, diameter, and taper of the glute supports, not to mention the various combinations of materials that can be used. I'm no fakir; this is the real thing. If any of you are on pins and needles to give it a try, just let me know.
              I hope that's a joke. :roll:
              B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• Paul H
                • Feb 2004

I was skeptical too, but decided to pick up one of the early models from Chris and am impressed, although there is some long term listening/lumbar fatigue that needs to be worked out. Very sharp product ...

Paul

Comment

• kurtholz
                  • Feb 2005

what, cable hangers, who would be that stupid, hahahha

actually that one never even came close,

i swear by the auric illuminator stuff, it does give a clearer sound field, and seems to bring a deeper soundstage

even tried it with a few of my skeptical friends who have since bought it

i need to figure out how to do the room trap's, my room is so odd sized and has so many openings, not sure where to start

cmon, am i the only one to fall for some of this stuff, or just the only one man enough to admit it, hahahhaha

tweak on

Kurt

Comment

Working...
                  Searching...Please wait.
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                  An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                  There are no results that meet this criteria.
                  Search Result for "|||"