X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • george_k
    • Jan 2004

Bluray when?

Has anybody heard when bluray players and related media will ship? I can't seem to find any information regarding this. I know Sony is lauching the PS3 sometime in the the 1st half of 2006 so I figured the dvd players would follow around then.

I'm thinking of purchasing a new dvd player that can scale to 720p/1080i but if there's any indication that bluray players are on the horizon (4-6 months) then I think I might just hold off a bit.
  • ht_addict
    • Dec 2002

Unless you get a PS3 and use that as the player the first generation of BlueRay or HD-DVD's are going to cost you a pretty penny. Not to mention the problems. Get yourself a new player and when they get all the quirks worked out with BlueRay then get one of those players and retire your other player to the bedroom or kids.

Comment

• Shane Martin
      Super Senior Member
      • Apr 2001

I know Sony is lauching the PS3 sometime in the the 1st half of 2006 so I figured the dvd players would follow around then.
      The last I heard PS3 was early 2007 depending on how successful the 360 is. If it's successful, they'll bring out the ps3 earlier.

Comment

• george_k
        • Jan 2004

I originally heard they were planning for May - June 2006, but that was way back, I'm not sure if they've had a scheduling change since then.

Comment

• Azeke
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2003

Although, I am slightly digressing here, I am providing a link FAQ for Blue Ray, that I found interesting.

Blue Ray FAQ

Best regards,

Azeke

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"