X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zac45
    • Oct 2005

mission 70ASE problem

Hi
    I have had my surround sound system running now for about 3 years and have had no problems until now, the problem is my mission subwoofer (70ASE) as started making a horrible vibrating noise when any volume is applied. I have removed the back cover but can’t see anything loose it seems to come from the circuit board but cannot see anything wrong there I expected to see something wrong with the speaker but it looks alright but being a novice I could be wrong. Please could some one give me some ideas into what I should be looking for?
    thanks

• Uncle Clive
    Former Moderator
    • Jan 2002

Hi Kevin thank you for joining us and thanks for posting :T

Most times you may not be able to really see anything. I am not sure if the speaker in the sub box can be pulled out, if so, you could gently push (From the bottom) the speaker cone to feel if it is rubbing against the shaft or look inside the box to see if anything has gotten loose like a port pipe or a brace or anything else (Of course you could also pickup the sub, shake it and roll it around in the air to listen for that too!) If you looked inside and there is nothing you can see you may need to take it in to a repair shop.
    Last edited by Clive; 20 October 2005, 17:21 Thursday.
    CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• zac45
      • Oct 2005

cheers clive i will have anouther look
      all the best
      kev

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"