X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • george_k
    • Jan 2004

AV Furniture

I'm currently a TV stand with shelving that I purchased from Walmart. I'm running out of room and looking to purchase a seperate equipment rack and a TV stand that would allow for a center channel to be placed below.

What are other members using at home?
  • Glen B
    Super Senior Member
    • Jul 2004

Salamander Designs Synergy AV furniture. Sturdy, attractive, flexible and expandable. You can add sections and change the configuration as your system grows. :T

Salamander Designs: http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/
    Last edited by Glen B; 11 October 2005, 22:16 Tuesday.

Comment

• Azeke
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2003

I also use Salamander and I certainly enjoy their product and it's expansion capabilities. Two quick thoughts, if you wish to expand the rack later, you will need to disassemble. Secondly, I have heard of shipping issues, so inspect you parcel carefully.

I also like Bello racks, for their versatility and beauty, if you are into that type of thing.

Just my quick thoughts,

Azeke
      Last edited by Azeke; 13 October 2005, 19:57 Thursday.

Comment

• Snap
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2005

Bello, Sanus, Salamander if you have the money. The good news is the main stream furniture makers are starting to come around to DLP stands. Ashley, Hooker, Ethan Allen, and a few more are now making AV stuff.

Believe it or not check out your local furniture store you might find something cool for the TV.
        The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• Glen B
          Super Senior Member
          • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Azeke
          I also use Salamander and I certainly enjoy their product and it's abitlity to expand. Two quick thoughts, if you wish to expand the rack later, you will need to disassemble. Secondly, I have heard of shipping issues, so inspect you parcel carefully.

I also like Bello racks, for their versatility and beauty, if you are into that type of thing.

Just my quick thoughts,

Azeke
          Azeke,
          Do you know Salamander has Easy Add Drop in Nuts available that allow additional parts and accessories to be added to the Synergy system without disassembly ? The nuts come in sets of 4 for $5.00.

Glen

Product page: http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/syn...delbase=sa/ezn

Easy-add drop-in nuts:
          Last edited by Glen B; 08 November 2005, 14:12 Tuesday. Reason: added picture

Comment

• Shane Martin
            Super Senior Member
            • Apr 2001

Believe it or not check out your local furniture store you might find something cool for the TV.
            That's what we did.

I also like Studiotech. I ordered from racksandstands.com and received my rack in 2 days from california to the midwest. FOR ZERO SHIPPING COST!
            Invoice said 6 days ground, Studiotech must have expedited it.

Comment

• Robert_J
              • Oct 2005

I'm using three Studio RTA racks that I picked up from Office Max. It's a 4 shelf version of this one.

-Robert

Comment

• Booster
                • Jul 2005

This outfit makes furniture-grade AV stands. I have the TT-400 - it's beautiful.

The Booster

Comment

• Azeke
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Glen B
                  Azeke,
                  Do you know Salamander has Easy Add Drop in Nuts available that allow additional parts and accessories to be added to the Synergy system without disassembly ? The nuts come in sets of 4 for $5.00.

Glen

Easy Add Drop in Nuts: http://www.salamanderdesigns.com/syn...delbase=sa/ezn
                  Glen,

I actually did not know that, it must have been added after many complaints.

Thanks for the info :T.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Comment

• Glen B
                    Super Senior Member
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Booster
                    This outfit makes furniture-grade AV stands. I have the TT-400 - it's beautiful.

http://www.diamondcase.com/Main_Menu.HTML
                    Absolutely gorgeous AV furniture. I especially like how their designs integrate the speakers. I would love to have something along those lines that hold both equipment and mains/center speakers :cry: but unfortunately, I have 2-channel speakers sharing the same space with HT. To have such huge furniture between my 2-channel speakers would make their placement and imaging suffer too much.

Comment

• Uncle Clive
                      Former Moderator
                      • Jan 2002

Hi, where in .ca are you?
                      pm me if.................
                      CLIVE

HEY!! Why buy movie tickets when you can own a Theater?

Comment

• eddiem67
                        • Jun 2004

BDI, Sanus, Bello, Studiotech, VTI, Soundations, and of course Salamander. What are the weight of your products, my BDI Axis works great, its holding a Cinnenova 5 (125lbs) and a Bryston 6BSST (80lbs). There is a matching TV stand that will hold a center channel as well
                        My Car Audio

Comment

• KeithM
                          • Oct 2005

If you want to save money, I recommend going to local stores. You'd be suprised what you can get in town.

Comment

Working...
                          Searching...Please wait.
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                          There are no results that meet this criteria.
                          Search Result for "|||"