X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joey
    • Sep 2005

Amp hook-ups

Hi, just wondering out there if anyone has connected a two channel amp into one speaker that has 4 binding posts..Just picked up a T-amp for my main fronts and they are excellent but in Home theatre use they overpower my centre channel..so I'm thinking of getting another one just for my center channel..any thoughts out there??
  • Snap
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2005

:scratchhead:

I would say hold off on that and calibrate your system again. I have seen people put seperate amps on just the mains. (For 2 chan stuff) and also use the same set up for HT. You just have to calibrate your system so that mains do not over power your center. And when you listen to 2 Chan stuff you can crank the heck out of it.

That is what I would do.

I am sure some of the heavy hitters here will weigh in on Bi-Amping. I don't have anything in my set up that is bi-amped.
    The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• Joey
      • Sep 2005

Thanks for the info. on that Snap..but I tried that and increased the db on my centre channel but unfortuntely the timbre matching is off.. I'm using my receiver as a pre-amp and it throws off the whole system since my T-amp produces a different sound (great though) than the rest of the speakers..so do you think using a two channel on one speaker would work?? and how would you go about the "hook-up" on something like that??

Comment

• Snap
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2005

what about just using one chan? Or running a small amp in mono to the center chan?

To be honest I am not a Bi-amping expert.

So my only 2 thoughts, are:
        1. Only use 1 of the 2 chan
        2. Run the amp in bridged mono to the center.

my .02
        The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"