X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SRT-10 Viper
    • Mar 2005

HT Improvement wanted...

I have built my system over the past year and am looking for input. I have a pair of B&W 800Ds for fronts, N802 for rear, HTM2D for center and a Velodyne DD12 sub (wife didn't want another large speaker). To drive this I have the Classe Delta CP500 pre connected to (2) Classe 350/Cams. I use the Denon 3910 DVD/CD player. I then use HT passtrhu to the Denon 5805 for HT. The 5085 also uses the CAM/350s for front amplication. My 2 channel sounds great. I think my weak point is the Denon. Also For HDTV I have the Qualia RP 70 inch. Any recomendations on what other sytems I should look at to dramatically improve my HT? would the Lexicon RV8 be a good addition or should I go with separates? If separates, which are the top choices you would recommend based on my setup?
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

GO SEPERATES!!!

Lexicon, Classe, Bryston... go to your dealer and have a listen

Another thing you might try is a better source for your CD's then the Denon and/or an upsampling DAC like the Benchmark DAC1
    Jason

Comment

• Snap
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2005

Dang Nice set up.

Bryston, Earthquake Amps, Parasound. If you can spring for the loot, classe and the 800D is an awesome combination. I heard a whole set of Classe amps, processor, and CD player hooked up to some 800D's and they sounded awesome!

Nice set up!:T
      The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• Nick M
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Nov 2004

A sub that digs deeper and has more authority across the board.
        A dedicated amplifier.
        A front projection based system with 92-120" screen.

Those are the main things I see that can give you a more theateresque experience.
        ~Nick

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"