7.1 speaker placement- Music vs. movies?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • howburger
    • Jul 2005

7.1 speaker placement- Music vs. movies?

I just got all new Rotel equipment (Yipee) and am starting the process of soundproofing and building out the room. I will have a 7.1 setup via the RSP1068. Dolby's speaker set-up calls for the side surrounds to be placed at 90 to 110 degrees to center speaker when pivoting at listener position. Rears are to be placed at 135 to 150 degrees. 5.1 music ideally demands direct radiators placed at 110 degrees. Movies desire the side speakers to be di-pole and the rears to be direct radiators or di-poles. With this side speaker conflict, should I resort to using my 150 degree placed direct radiators with music and compromise on placement or are there any other suggestions that may not be coming to mind. I really appreciate any comments.

Thanx,

Harold
    Because I'm the man in black.........
  • aud19
    Twin Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2003

What will you spend more time listening too?

I like directs for the side surrounds myself for music/movies then directs or di-poles for the rears. As for placement according to your post 110 degrees is fine for the sides for both music and movies so go with something close to that. I'm sure music won't be adversely affected if you put them at 100 or 95 etc either.

That's what I'd do anyways
    Jason

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"