X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reely
    • Jul 2005

cd/dvd changer

Any recommendations on a cd/dvd changer? I know california audio labs made a decent cd changer at one time. Would I be sacraficing a lot of quality going with the changer?
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Originally posted by reely
    Would I be sacraficing a lot of quality going with the changer?
    Not so much if you fed the signal from the changer into a good DAC. One of the favorites around here is the Benchmark DAC1. Musical Fidelity's X-DAC v3 is another.

As far as changers, I'm not familiar enough with them these days to make a recommendation one way or the other. Sorry.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

I assume you mean a loss in CD quality? That may be true to a point if you intend on using the internal DAC's on the CD player vs those in your receiver/pre amp. Also there's a number of changers out now that have DVD-A and SACD which give you the oppertunity to get even higher end sound so its not as clear cut as it might seem.

Comment

• Shane Martin
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2001

Many audiophiles believe that the changer mechanism is the heart of why a changer is not the best choice.
        Any recommendations on a cd/dvd changer?
        what's your budget roughly?

Comment

• Kingdaddy
          • Jan 2004

The Sony DVP-CX777ES is as good as a changer gets right now, I really like mine. Also, who would ever use the DAC's in any source, I never have, if you have a decent processor it will always have better DAC's then the player IMO.

Also there is a very nice interface with the 777ES changer that allows you to select the media via a RS232 connection to your computer with a nice graphical interface.

My Center Channel Project

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"