X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChrisB
    • Jan 2005

Considering an upgrade.

Hello Everyone,

I was looking into the idea of purchasing a Monster Power Center ... I already have the Monster 2100 power bar although, my dealer has given me the oppurtunity to trade up to one of the power centers ... will upgrading to one of these be a good investment and provide any improvements to my current set up and future upgrades ... any input would be appreciated ... Thank You.

Current equipment:
    Rotel 1075
    Harmen Karden AVR 210
    Definitive Technology 7004 Towers
    Definitive Technology 2500 Center
    Toshiba SD 2200 DVD
    Sony V85 TV

Upgrades:
    Rotel 1068 Pre amp/prop
    Rotel 1095
    Rotel 1080
    Plasma or LCD TV (undicided)
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I'm not very familiar with these two Monster products. Are they just surge protectors or are they power regulators, too?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• ChrisB
      • Jan 2005

Does this help out?

Comment

• ajpoe
        • Jul 2004

you might want to read through the following thread. i had some similar questions that were addressed a little over halfway through the first page.

AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2000

If you're to upgrade anything on that list for HT go for the biggest screen you can...ideally a projector.

Comment

• ChrisB
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Andrew Pratt
            If you're to upgrade anything on that list for HT go for the biggest screen you can...ideally a projector.
            A projector would be nice but right I'm concentrating on the audio ... once that is complete I'm going to explore all my options.

Comment

• hidefdvd
              • Jan 2005

Chris, which one are you looking at? Everything upto the 5100 is a power conditioner with different levels of filtration. The 7000 is a voltage regulator which will benefit your video more than audio, though it does offer the highest level of filtration If your willing to spend the money go with the 7000 or even look into the Belkin PF60. Panamax has just released their new series.

Comment

• ChrisB
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by hidefdvd
                Chris, which one are you looking at? Everything upto the 5100 is a power conditioner with different levels of filtration. The 7000 is a voltage regulator which will benefit your video more than audio, though it does offer the highest level of filtration If your willing to spend the money go with the 7000 or even look into the Belkin PF60. Panamax has just released their new series.

Well I have been looking at either the 2500 or 3500. Right now I am using the 2100 monster power bar and I am wondering if trading up is worth the invesment considering my current set and future upgrades.

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"