X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dxr13
    • Jun 2005

Need help on HK AVR630 tuning

I have just bought a HK AVR630 and am slightly confused while trying to tune the bass management.

To start with my current set up with Harman Kardon AVR630 is 5.1 as follows - Speaker set - tannoy sensys dc2 for main speakers (tower, ground standing), center speaker - tannoy sensys dcc, surround speakers - tannoy sensys r, sub - velodyne cht-10r.

When I go for speaker set up and do set sub on and proceed to my cross-over frequency setting, I have an entry for LFE which accepts L&R, Center, Surround Back, Surround as options. Ideally if my sub is on, this is a redundant and confusing entry. Is it that this entry is ignored by AVR630?

If I increase the bass and treble under Tone IN to higher values, would it have a detrimental effect?

Under channel adjustment if any channel is made +10db would that have any detrimental effect? In case I want to set up manually is there any ball-park setting I cud start with?

Audio is very low when DVD is played - what type of tuning is recommended?

When I run DVD with DTS 5.1, monitor displays 3/2.1 - is this OK? And I do get a message saying ES off - what does it imply?

Other than the manual is there any link which gives details on how to tune 630?
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"