X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Maddog69
    • May 2005

Amp to reciever

hey guys i have a kenwood VR-705 with a $4000 pair of floor speakers and i want to get an amp for the reciever but before i buy the amp i want to know how do i hook the amp to it i was gonna buy a mackie 1400 watt amp each of my floor speakers hold up to 300 watts a piece and before i buy the amp i just need some guidence on how to hook an amp to a reciever if there are any help sites out there please let me know cause im new to all this and dont know much lol thanks
  • Snap
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2005

:welcome:

Welcome to the guide. Looking at the specs on the VR-705 you only have 2 audio outs. They are RCA. The Mackie has 1/4 or Speakon conections. You are going to need RCA to 1/4 cables to connect your AV Receiver to the Amp.

What scares me is it does not list them as "pre-amp outs" It just says Audio Out x 2? You might want to seriously concider buying a new Reciever as your Pre Amp before going ahead with the Amp addition. Denon makes a nice AV reciever that has dedicated Pre Amp outs for under 3 bills. Pioneer has some good stuff out real cheap. So to be honest with you I am not sure your AV receiver will work.

On the Mackie note, have you considered QSC? IMHO better amp for less money. Just a thought.

What speakers are you running?

Tried to get the owners manual buut Kenwoods website is under construction. All I can get is a catalog.
    The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• Maddog69
      • May 2005

where can i come accross that amp instead of the mackie and that reciever cause i do want to get rid of the kenwood

Comment

• Al Garay
        • Jan 2004

QSC and Crown are available at local Guitar Center stores. Check your local directory for Pro-audio music stores. They'll most likely have QSC and Crown.

But, I would recommend you hold off in buying a pro-amp. Check out the new Pioneer VSX-1015TX at your local BestBuy or a good deal on the Yamaha 5790. Both of these will be huge improvements over your old Kenwood. And you might find you really don't need pro-amp. Denon, HK, Integra, Pioneer, Yamaha, Rotel, NAD... they all make receivers that have pre-outs which is what you want to plug in external amps.

To research HT receivers to death, go to AVSForum:
        A forum community dedicated to home theater owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about home audio/video, TVs, projectors, screens, receivers, speakers, projects, DIY’s, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!

Comment

• Patt
          • Feb 2005

Hi Mike,........Welcome

Dakmart is an authorized seller of Denon products. I am using a #685 Denon stereo reciever with an external amp using the pre-outs, it sells for about 250.00. Denons website lists the authorized sellers of their products.

A lot of people are using the Crown and QSC with great satisfaction and are quite affordable online. Some of the Pro amps use a cooling fan which may make a little noise.
          ......Pat

Comment

• ekkoville
            • Aug 2004

Parts Express has a large selection of Crown amps, some very affordable for 275W per channel. Are they very clean sounding, warm, sterile, etc.?? I have never heard one the pro amps for anything, why is that?

Comment

• Maddog69
              • May 2005

hey guys thanx for you help i really appritiate it now i know what i need and what to do thanks and i would also like to say that this forum kiss some serious @$$ haha

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"