X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sindhu
    • Feb 2005

Behringer Ultragraph Pro FBQ3102

Any feedback from users ? I intend to use this for CD (music) listening. It detects feedback frequencies and helps to eliminate the feedback.

Regards

Sid
  • Snap
    Super Senior Member
    • Feb 2005

I am not quite sure that you are going to need this for your set up. behringer is typically used for Pro applications, while many have had great luck using them for Sub managment. I would be interested in what would be causeing feed back in your home stereo application? Have you had problems with feed back?

Regards,
    SNAP
    The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• Sindhu
      • Feb 2005

Snap,

Have'nt spent on it yet. It is essentally a 31 band per channel equiliser which can also detect feedback. My idea of feedback is hum/boom on certain frequencies. This can be smoothed by the EQ. - strictly music context only. Behringer talks about listening fatigue which can be reduced by making the sound sweeter. My problem is I cannot audition it - have to buy on the net as it is not available in stores in India. Anyway thanks for the tip. You may have saved me a few bucks.

Regards

Sid

Comment

• Snap
        Super Senior Member
        • Feb 2005

Sid,
        I just checked the your prophile, and I noticed that you are running a Denon 3805. The EQ in that Reciever should be fine to do what you are wanting to do. From my use with Pro stuff I would definatly stay away from that EQ unless you are using it for the sub. Putting the Berhinger in with the 3805 will in my oppinon muddy the sound. I have seen it done with Pro gear for sure.
        You will not find a good stereo 31 band EQ till you get into a higher end product line. (Sabine, DBX, Rane. DBX being the cheapest at 400 US and most of there stuff is XLR and set up for Rack Mount)

Best of Luck,

Snap
        The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• Jeff
          • Dec 2004

Sid, I would recommend not to go with the separate eq. Snap is correct, the overall audio performance will suffer. If your having problems with low frequency bloom, consider room treatments insted.

Have you tried different positions of the speakers. Keeping them away from the wall and corners are good for starters. Try changing your listening position. I had a low freqency issues with my N802's. Once I got them away from the walls, things were much improved. :T

Comment

• Sindhu
            • Feb 2005

Thanks Guys. Nixed it.

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"