X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Akuza
    • Jan 2005

Pro-logic IIx steering problems.

Hey all, wondering if you could help me with a little problem?

I have a Denon 1705. When I use it in DPL2X the right and left stereo channels randomly are directed to the rear speakers (5.1 setup) leaving the front stereo channels naked. I have noticed it with videogames and TV. Haven't tried VHS...and I don't know if I ever will...

Is this a problem inherent with dpl2x?

Any help/suggestions/whatever would be groovy. :T
  • Azeke
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Akuza
    Hey all, wondering if you could help me with a little problem?

I have a Denon 1705. When I use it in DPL2X the right and left stereo channels randomly are directed to the rear speakers (5.1 setup) leaving the front stereo channels naked. I have noticed it with videogames and TV. Haven't tried VHS...and I don't know if I ever will...

Is this a problem inherent with dpl2x?

Any help/suggestions/whatever would be groovy. :T
    Akuza,

I don't believe so.

Do you have your receiver set for 7.1, in the menu (esp., center backs)?

Regards,

Arman

Comment

• Akuza
      • Jan 2005

It is set for 5.1. It is in PLII mode really, not PLIIx.

Comment

• Aussie Geoff
        Super Senior Member
        • Oct 2003

Akuza,

Check your Settings for Panarama and Dimension for Dolby Prologic IIx - I

PANORAMA: The Panorama option extends the front stereo image to include the surround speakers for a dramatic “wraparound” effect. The options are OFF or ON.
        DIMENSION: The Dimension option allows you to gradually adjust the soundfield towards the front or towards the rear. There are seven incremental settings from 0 to 6. A setting of 0 shifts the soundfield towards
        the rear for maximum surround effect. A setting of 6 shifts the soundfield to
        the front for minimum surround effect. The default setting of 3 provides a “neutral” balance between the two extremes.
        So if you have Panarama = On and Dimension =0 you will get the effect you are describine - Have Panarama on and Dimension 3 and you wll get a better result.

Regards

Geoff

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"