X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saurabh
    • Feb 2005

Help...save me from the web of W.....

Okay, this is about interference from the various parts of the HTS, primarily the web of wires. The problem that I see is a low "Hum noise" in the TV speakers if the DVD player (which is right below the TV, its a HTIB) is ON/in standby mode. The moment I pull the plug for the DVD player, the "hum" from the TV is gone. So I figured its interference!!!, now I am looking at four types of wires around the system.

1) Electrical
    2) Speaker Cables
    3) Cable TV wire
    4) FM Antennae wire

As usual the wires are longer than required and I have used a tie to manage them and keep them bundled. Also except for the Cable TV wire I cannot trim the other wires, since cos of being a HTIB, the wires have moulded connectors on both ends, which I dont want to fiddle with. I know that "Idealy" the wires if crossing each other should cross as right angles, but its not possible to do that(we are not loooking at two wires here but a lot of them) and I am looking to find a more practical and effective solution than the lab calculations and theory involved.

Has anyone faced similar situation........has a solution ?????...heeeelp
    Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy
  • JonMarsh
    Mad Max Moderator
    • Aug 2000

Not "interference"... ground loop injected noise, especially as many inexpensive DVD players now use SMPS power supplies. The overall ground loop, also, may be through the DVD player and your cable input- see if you disconnect either one and the noise goes away. If that's the case, you're going to need a cable RF isolation transformer.

~Jon
    the AudioWorx
    Natalie P
    M8ta
    Modula Neo DCC
    Modula MT XE
    Modula Xtreme
    Isiris
    Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
    Minerva Monitor
    Calliope
    Ardent D

In Development...
    Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
    Obi-Wan
    Saint-Saƫns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
    Modula PWB
    Calliope CC Supreme
    Natalie P Ultra
    Natalie P Supreme
    Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
    Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• ekkoville
      • Aug 2004

I agree with Jon, this has been a subject in several threads and I have the same problem that I found to be introduced from the TV cable. I checked the grounding and finaly used two 75-300 Ohm converters rigged together to rid the noise. Jensen makes a great RF transformer for about $50, and that will work nicely, so long as it's your cable that is the problem.

Erik

Comment

• saurabh
        • Feb 2005

I guess it was interference only, since i seperated my power and signal/sound cables and have kept some distance between them now and the hum is gone. BTW both my TV and DVD use 2 pin plugs so Ground loop problems seems unlikely.
        Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"