X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Barley
    • Aug 2005

LCD Projector interference??

Hello All,

I have owned a Sharp LCD projector for almost ywo years now and it has been installed in two homes as my home theater. In the first home everthing worked perfect. When I moved I brought the projector with me and installed it the same way with the power cord running up into the attic and the S-video cable running throught the attic and down the wall to the DVD player and speakers (the cable is about 25-30 feet long and a plug has been proffessionally installed in the attic for the power). I have noticed some interference in the picture - a band of lighter or darker interference mover up from the bottom to the top (over and over again!) It is light, but definately noticable. I have installed a $15 Radio Shack power regulator, but this hasn't helped much. Is there some simple solution that I am missing? I have noticed that if other lights or appliances are on in the house than the interference is worse. Do I need to shield the S-video cable, or buy a better cable? How can I fix the problem??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!
  • George Bellefontaine
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2001

Sounds like a ground loop problem. Try unhooking your cable tv and see if the rolling bands disappear. I had this problem once because my cable tv installation wasn't grounded properly. If I disconnected the cable tv line from the system the problem disappeared. The cable company fixed the problem by grounding things properly. If not the cable tv, perhaps something else is causing the interference. There are things you can buy to overcome this problem. Perhaps someone who knows will jump in here.
    My Homepage!

Comment

• Barley
      • Aug 2005

Could be...

Thanks George, I'll look in to that when i get home. I have noticed that when I turn on a TV from the other room the interference gets worse, but I wasn't sure if there was a connection there or not?

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Jan 2001

It's worth a try.
        My Homepage!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"