X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bitece
    • Mar 2005

Powering my home theater (in progress)

In May I move into a new home with a finished basement which I have claimed for my dream room -- a home theater. My first purchase was a Toshiba MT8U DLP projector and and iScan HD+ video scaler. My next decision prompts this thread--multi-channel power amplifier. I've probably read a 1000 messages on the HT Forum during the past 2 weeks and I've looked closely at what has been said regarding Rotel and Parasound. Here are the three amps I am currently focusing on:
    Rotel RMB 1075
    Parasound HCA 1205A
    B&K Reference 125.5 S2
    I have not located a reseller in New Jersey that lists all 3 products; a side-by-side demo of all 3 will not be possible. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions regarding the products listed above I would certainly welcome them.
    This certainly is addictive-- I'm already expecting to exceed my original budget by at least $3000.
  • scient
    • Feb 2005

Bitece,
    Enjoy the hunt for your HT gear. Its a lot of fun. Try Rabsons audio (www.rabsonsav.com) at Paramus NJ. Mark the owner is great guy and gave a good deal on my system. They carry both Rotel and Parasound but not sure about the B&K.

Comment

• cuda65
      • Feb 2005

I have an Anthem amp that I like very much. Connected to my Paradigm speakers. It sounds great. It is getting better as I break it all in. Just to confuse you a little more. Choices choices!! :roll:

Good luck!
      Doug

Comment

• Bitece
        • Mar 2005

I appreciate the replies. I may be in Rabson's this Saturday. yeah, the Anthem made the short list-- c'mon, man, I'm trying to narrow my choices!
        One question: when its all done will I be satisfied (are home theater hobbyists ever satisfied)?

Comment

• Bitece
          • Mar 2005

Cuda,
          Would you mind telling which model on the Anthem and the Paradigm speakers?

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"