X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • anthonyh
    • Feb 2005

Pre/Pro Feedback

I know this type of thread gets started rather frequently, but after deciding against a new a/v receiver for separates, I now am evaluating and soliciting feedback on a couple pre/pros I have been researching. Jim, with NextLevelav, has been a great help referencing the SN P-965 and its merits. I have also located a used Myryad MDP500 w/G6 upgrade as well. Anyone here familiar with these two machines?

Here's my gear:

Phase Technology Teatro 11.5's, 6.5 and 4.5's
    Def Tech PF15TL+ sub
    Carver TFM24 (225 X 2) AMPLIFIER
    Carver AV-705x (125 X 5) Amplifier
    Carver TDR 2400 DOUBLE CASSETTE RECORDER/PLAYER
    Carver SD/A 360 5 WAY CAROUSEL PROGRAMABLE CD PLAYER
    Carver CT6 PREAMP that needs repair-(Will be selling)
    Toshiba SD-2109 DVD
    Integra DPC-6.1 DVD Changer
    Monster MTS-5100 Line Conditioner
    JVC SVHS VCR
    Standard DishNetwork Satellite System (NON-HD)
    Cables: An assortment of Monster speaker wire and interconnects along with a couple of KimberKable speaker wire

Thanks for any information you can provide. I cannot audition the Myryad as there isn't a distributor here in Austin. I hope to try out the SN w/in the next 2 weeks. My budget is sub $2K.
  • Nick M
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

I've heard a few, but my favorites were the Rotel RSP-1068 ($1699) and Outlaw Audio Model 950 ($699). I went with the Outlaw for dollar/performance value. The 950 has beautiful 5.1 DD/DTS processing along with crystal clear analog bypass for CD, DVD-A, and SACD. It does lack alot of features you would want for 6.1/7.1 sound, or DVI/HDMI switching. It also lacks the sexy looks of some other gear, but what it does do it does very well.

I also heard the upper-end Rotel 1098, an arcam pre/pro, and other uber-class units but those are probably outside your budget.
    ~Nick

Comment

• sikoniko
      Super Senior Member
      • Aug 2003

In comparing the 1098 or 1068 to the sherwood, the sherwood would be the winner. I have read of a lot of people who switched over from rotel and never looked back. Im not familiar w/ the outlaw or the Myryad.
      I'm just sittin here watchin the wheels go round and round...

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"