X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saurabh
    • Feb 2005

Height of Rear Surround Speakers ???

What height should be kept for rear surround sound speakers, specifically if I have to wall mount them and they are direct radiating speakers.
    Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy
  • brendon
    • Aug 2004

Hi,I was looking at my B&W owners guide CD and noted the following recomendations for rear speakers in a 5.1 setup.Idealy speaker tweeter to be at ear level or head can be up to 10 degrees above or below tweeter center line and the speaker may be up to 60cm above head height but closer to head height is perferable and axis of tweeter to point at head as much as practicable.
    If you search back in the hometheater and spaced out threads a couple of good links for speaker positioning for various formats have been posted in the last couple of months and maybe Andrew or David may point them out if your lucky(I am hopeless at posting links!! )
    Brendon

Comment

• Gordon Moore
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Feb 2002

here's one

and another:

And another:

Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.

Comment

• brendon
        • Aug 2004

Just had a looksee and this was one of the ones I had in mind and it is a good resource on all things acoustic (originally posted in spaced out I think)

Brendon

Comment

• saurabh
          • Feb 2005

See attchd, I would mount the RS speakers on the side wall 2-3 feet above the ear level and for LS I do not have a side wall and will use the back wall mount to direct it towards the RS spk.I do not have space on the back of the sofa.

My only question is that should I be facing the direct radiating speakers towards the people( in green)/eachother or towards the TV (red). Would a better ambient surround sound be created if I face them towards the TV.
          Attached Files
          Need is the mother of all Inventions.....I am needy

Comment

• David Meek
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Aug 2000

Saurabh, direct radiators should point at the listening position. Di-poles and bi-poles point away from it.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"